Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Changing Education Paradigms"

 Just thinking about some of our homeschool plans for this week which include building gingerbread houses and baking cookies! We aren't getting much "school" (in the traditional sense) done during the holidays, but we are tapping into our creative sides. So this morning I am considering the value of creativity in all aspects of life, and how I can continue to nurture that in my children. I was reminded of a great video by Sir Ken Robinson where he states that creativity is, "Original ideas that have value," and "Divergent thinking isn't a synonym but is an essential capacity for creativity." Here is the video with help from RSA Animate and YouTube. I'm also including him in our blog's "Links We Like" section. His website has the rest of the hour-long talk on the subject.



No comments:

Post a Comment